Are you looking for details about consolidation indicator in Informatica MDM? Are you also interested in knowing what are valid values for the consolidation indicator column? If so then you are right place. In this article, we will also explore the lifecycle of consolidation indicator for a record.
A) What is a consolidation indicator?
The consolidation indicator is a column in the base object table. The consolidation process is also known as the merge process updates the consolidation indicator value for a record based on the record's process.
B) What are valid values for consolidation_ind?
When we execute load jobs, Match job and merge jobs record goes through various processes because which value of consolidation indicator column goes through the values below
4 : New record
3 : Record queued for the match process
2 : Record has gone through the match process
1 : Consolidation record
a) Consolidation_ind = 4
The actions below cause record to have consolidation_ind = 4
1. Inserting a new record in the Informatica hub
2. Queue a record as the new using data manager
3. When we unmerge the record either through API or E360 application
b) Consolidation_ind = 3
The actions below cause record to have the consolidation_ind=3
1. When we queue a record for a match using data manager
2. If match job fails, the records that were picked up for matching but the match did not complete for that record will have value for consolidation indicator as 3
C) Consolidation_ind = 2
The actions below cause record to have the consolidation_ind =2
1. When the match process completes for the record
2. When the record is queued for merge using data manager or any API or application.
d) Consolidation_ind = 1
The actions below cause record to have consolidation_ind =1
1. For the Golden source system the records will be loaded with consolidation_ind=1
2. When the record is accepted as unique
3. If Accept Record as unique is set to yes and match process does not find matching record.
4. If Accept Record as unique is set to yes and after merging records, it does not have any more matches.
e) Consolidation_ind =9
If a business user puts the record on hold.
Learn more about consolidation indicator in Informatica MDM here -